List:       kde-debian
Subject:    Re: ioslaves with *any* linux apps -> it works :-))
From:       Alexander Neundorf <neundorf () kde ! org>
Date:       2004-01-09 21:26:42

On Friday 09 January 2004 20:57, Kurt Pfeifle wrote:
> Now let's compose/discuss more of the screenshot's dramaturgy:
>
> * Could above explanation appear somewhere on screen? (like in
>    a small kate opened, in red letters?)  Hey, we are approaching
>    pure Unix recursion here  :-)
>    [The screen estate to use for this could be done in the HTML
>     composer part of OOo (OK, forget kate here), and the text shown
>     should be written in English...  (another recursion!)]

Sorry ?
Don't understand.

> * Optional: is it possible to show the olaf.jpg in the konqi file
>    manager window?

main.html is listed in konqy. Unfortunately the file name isn't really shown
in OOo.
Or do you mean directly showing the picture olaf190.jpg (it's olaf ludwig
winning a stage of the Tour de France, Abdu and Jaja are also on the
picture :-)

> * Optional: is it possible for you to have the hacks kendy made to
>    OpenOffice on your box? (AFAIK, kendy offers OO binaries, see dot
>    story). Speaking about the "KDE/Qt OOo NWF" work here....

The KDE widgets in OOo ? Or the KDE icons in OOo ?

> * Optional: is it possible to have the hack David Sansome on your
>    box? This would show the Gimp using a Qt or KDE style. Speaking
>    about the "GTK Qt Theme Engine here"....

This was the Qt gtk theme ?

> * Optional: is it possible to use "Plastik" (its name is the worst
>    part of it) for the shot?

It is plastik.

> Yes, I know, for great screenshots you just need an excellent program.
> But to cover a lot of options for world-class, history-writing shots
> you need an excellent program, good dramaturgy, a lot of time and Alex
> :)
>
> But I really think the effort is worth it. The shot could serve as
> an entry point to yet another story, published on one of the main
> sites...
>
> > How to do it ?
>
> The screenshot could also show the URL of a site where you can download
> the beta version of your stuff.

All good suggestions.
But a little bit much work for me :-/

I'd suggest to centralize all the stuff (qt gtk themes, kde OOo, fuse,
libqtgtk, ...) so that it gets easier for everybody to install and test it.
Maybe a new cvs module going together with a website ?

Anyway, I'm about to leave, so, I'll be back monday.

Bye
Alex
--
Work: alexander.neundorf@jenoptik.com - http://www.jenoptik-los.de