List:       kde-debian
Subject:    Re: [devel] Smb4K
From:       "Pedro Jurado Maqueda" <melenas () kdehispano ! org>
Date:       2004-01-04 20:05:46

> On Sunday 04 January 2004 15:29, Pedro Jurado Maqueda wrote:
>> > Can I ask a stupid question first. How does this fit into the SMB
>> > browsing support that KDE/Konqueror already has? Does smb4k have lots
>> of
>> > extra (and needed) functionality that konq doesn't?
>>
>> Yes, it connect to smb shares in a Windows domain protect with password.
>> You can logo with any user and password, if you know both of course ;-).
>> tried this only with konqueror, but I couldn't never :-(
>
> I think we should really fix the issues in the smb/smbro ioslaves instead
> of
> using an extra program. Basically both smb/smbro should work, also with
> domain logins.
> Can you please describe your problem a bit more ?

Well, the problem happened six months ago with KDE 3.2 CVS (now, I'm not
working there). I can not access to any shared folder inside the windows
domain, I can only do with smb4k. Konqueror always says me that I don't
have rights to access this folder with any question or logon menu. But
it's true that some old fashion computers with Windows 98 can not access
to those windows shared folder.

Sorry, I can't give you more information, I have not access to a windows
domain at this moment.

--
FDO. ER_MELENAS

KDE-Hispano webmaster http://es.kde.org