List:       kde-debian
Subject:    Re: kdenonbeta/kdedebian/livecd/docs
From:       kzk <mover () hct ! zaq ! ne ! jp>
Date:       2004-01-04 13:48:14

Hi, Kurt.

In Japan, Linux began to attract people as well as in the other countries.
For example, NEC decided to use Linux for mobile phone.(Almost All Japanese
have a mobile phone.)
I think this will give the big impression for people.

Regarding KDE, Japan KDE User Group exists and publishes some books about
QT/KDE or writes articles in some popular PC magazines.
But their main concern is "How to show Japanese on KDE" or "How to input
Japanese Character" or so, that is, "Japanese specific" problem.
Therefore, English only distribution won't be used widely in my opinion.

There is another cd-boot based Linux called Knoppix-jp(Of course derived from
Knoppix), which includes the software for inputting Japanese, i18n-ja
package, Japanese font, or so.
This is very popular to the extent that it is used in many college classes.

Knoppix-jp : http://unit.aist.go.jp/it/knoppix/

# I'm a high school students, so I don't know much about enterprise use.
# Forgive me.

cheers.
Kazuki Ohta : mover@hct.zaq.ne.jp