List:       kde-debian
Subject:    Re: Kalternatives version 0.1 (20031218)
From:       Juanjo Alvarez <juanjux () progressive-comp ! com>
Date:       2003-12-29 22:47:14

On Thu, Dec 18, 2003 at 09:08:42AM -0700, Aaron Seigo wrote:

> On December 17, 2003 18:39, Juanjo Alvarez wrote:
> > # * I'm still not totally happy with the window size management and the
> > #   general layout
>
> suggestion: don't use colours to show selection. it's a very difficult thing
> to get right everywhere and for everyone (e.g. colourblindness). instead,
> perhaps use QCheckListViewItems in RadioButton mode. the app items (e.g. ftp,
> gconftool, etc) can be RadioButtonControler types ... this lets you get rid
> of the "Select" button and the colour issues.

Nice idea, I'll implement it as soon as I've a few spare hours (I do now
, but still have to read the email of ten days :). I would still need a
way to show the broken alternatives (I want them to show so the sysadmin
can fix or delete them), which I'm currently doing it using the red
color, maybe setEnable(0)'ing them will do the trick.