List:       kde-cygwin
Subject:    [Kde-cygwin] WG:qt cygwin install problem
From:       "Ralf Habacker" <Ralf.Habacker () freenet ! de>
Date:       2001-07-20 16:39:34

Hi Ralf,

 After installation of qt and try to verify the designer as said in
 document, I first got can not find the libz.dll error. Then I
 noticed that
 all the dll distributed with cygwin are with name .a as suffix. e.g.
 libz.dll.a. I try to rename to name libz.dll, then it gave me

 The application or DLL c:\cygwin\libz.dll is not a valid windows
 NT image.
 Please check this against your installation diskette.

 I just installed cygwin & xfree86 for windows by following the link on
 cygwin.com.

 cygwin - 1.3.2
 xfree86 - 4.1.0
 NT4.0 sp6

 Do I miss anything or do I need to recompile ?

 Thanks,

 Jack Wei-Chi Cheng

 Lexis-Nexis Corporation
 Development Services Team