List:       kde-cygwin
Subject:    RE: qt3 msvc.net binary package Patch Level 1 snapshot available
From:       "Chris January" <chris () atomice ! net>
Date:       2005-02-07 8:56:18

> > > Have anyone got any issues with this snapshot ?
> >
> > I haven't had a chance to test the snapshots but current
> CVS still has
> > problems with bitmaps on all platforms and fonts on 98.
> >
> This is probably introduced after I had imported the original
> qt 3.3.3 sources. I imported it on the QT_IMPORT branch as
> I've done for qt 2.x and
> 3.1 but unfortunally I recognized today, that QT_IMPORT is
> the same branch as QT_WIN32_3_3_BRANCH with the result that
> the original qt 3.3.3 sources are now on top of the
> QT_WIN32_3_3_BRANCH.
>
> To fix this either the wrongly imported revisions (tag
> qt_3_3_3) has to be removed or the changes on the original
> souces files has to be readded. I will fix this in the next days.

Ok, but I probably shouldn't have said current CVS but CVS of a week or so
ago, before the 3.3.4 import.

Before any kind of release it would be good to do some testing of the
release candidate reporting any bugs we find so the release we make has as
few unknown bugs as possible. We may find there are showstopper bugs that
need to be fixed before a release. I would consider the problems I mentioned
above (bitmaps and fonts on 98) showstoppers.

Regards,
Chris