List:       kde-cygwin
Subject:    Re: [Kde-cygwin-cvs] CVS: qt-3/misc/configure Makefile.win32-msvc,
From:       "Ralf Habacker" <ralf.habacker () freenet ! de>
Date:       2005-01-23 0:06:55

Christian Ehrlicher wrote
> Ralf Habacker schrieb:
> | On Thursday 20 January 2005 19:55, Christian Ehrlicher wrote:
> |
> |>disabled incremental linking by default since it doesn't seem to work
> |>(tested on w2k/wxp & msvc 6.0/.net2003/.net2005) added option
> |

> | Do you have checked only building of qt dll or other applications.
> - From my
> | experience i had recognized, that only when building the dll in many
> | conditions the linking fails ?
> I've only tried to build the qt-dll since I don't rebuild the
> applications that often. And it did not work once :(

Incremental linking support seems to be very limited. I had tried to reduce
the number of files and prebuild a static lib for the files in src/sql and
the message does not come, but introducing this build system change isn't
very easy. There is currently no generic solution for this problem. :-(

Regards
Ralf