Hi Ralf, Thank you for the last few advices, they certainly work. I don't know if you will answer this question, but I think its related with the translated code error. it seems the designer in Qt3.2.3 has a little prooblem on its drag-n-drop function when I want to drag an customed item to menubar. The menubar does not "accept" drag-n-drop item. I followed the direction of QT assistant and successfully completed the first tutorial "Quick Start". But, on the second tutorial section -- "Creating a Main Window Application", I found this problem of designer. I quote a paragraph of qt assistant below Click the Options action in the Action Editor and drag it to the Edit menu. The Edit menu will pop up; drag the Options action down the menu (a horizontal red line indicates its position), and drop it at the end after the "Find" item." when I process this action the OptionsAction icon float on the menubar, but the menubar never pop up. The icon appears with a forbidden icon (a circle with a slash in it). Shall I ask this question here or post it in the qt interest list? :-( regards Alvyn _______________________________________________ kde-cygwin mailing list kde-cygwin@kde.org https://mail.kde.org/mailman/listinfo/kde-cygwin