On Wednesday 28 January 2004 14:17, Holger Schroeder wrote: > Hi Ralf, > > first of all: congratulations to the kde-cygwin-3.1.4 release ! i haven't > had time to test it yet, but from the screenshots it looks quite cool :-) After the next kdenetwork release you may work with kmail/cygwin on a daily base, because it runs now mostly fine. > i don't understand what you need a template for here. the files i "created" > were based on the qt/x11 ones, and for the copyright stuff, i simply > removed the sentence, which stated, that people could use this file under > the commercial tt license. the rest of the license disclaimer was not > changed. > > this way we use qt/x11 under gpl and our work, which is based on that, is > under the gpl too. that should be ok for everyone. > for a template for that look at one of the files i put into cvs, they > should all have the same modified trolltech "header". Okay, then I will take such a modified header and put it on the website in the contribution section of qt3-win32, so that everyone can use it as template for additional contribution. Ralf > > Holger > > On Tuesday 27 January 2004 13:26, Ralf Habacker wrote: > > On 2003-10-14 9:52:50 Holger Schröder wrote: > > >i think i talked about this before... > > >after my understanding we cannot allow anybody to use our code under a > > >different license than the gpl one. > > >if we leave the tt license attributes in, we would for example allow > > >commercial x11-only licensees to use qt on windows commercially with > > > their x11 only licenses. i think we cannot allow anybody to do anything > > > with the code, that is not bound to the gpl, so i removed all tt > > > license statements in the _win classes. > > >perhaps i forgot some, but that was my intention. > > >i would recommend to continue in that way, to be on the safe side. > > > > I'm going to apply some outstanding patches like this one in preparation > > for a mingw running qt release using the cygwin build system and have a > > question about this stuff. > > > > Do you have a template generic template file for this, so that we can > > give the users who like to provide patches something like this. > > > > Ralf > > > > >On Friday 10 October 2003 16:23, Andy Goossens wrote: > > > > > > On Friday 10 October 2003 00:24, Thiago A. Corrêa wrote: > > > > About license: I belive we can choose to only release the _win.cpp > > > > under GPL... the rest says that ppl who own a TT license can produce > > > > commercial stuff... I belive those who do have a license won't want > > > > our "bugged version" *smile*. But I guess it would be nice to TT if > > > > we keep their same license, allowing those with a license from TT to > > > > produce commercial apps, > > > > > > For the moment being I would say we keep GPL and QPL in there, unless > > > complications turn up. I'm wondering what TT thinks about commercial > > > apps using our port. > > _______________________________________________ > kde-cygwin mailing list > kde-cygwin@kde.org > https://mail.kde.org/mailman/listinfo/kde-cygwin _______________________________________________ kde-cygwin mailing list kde-cygwin@kde.org https://mail.kde.org/mailman/listinfo/kde-cygwin