List:       kde-cygwin
Subject:    RE: QT2 ready for ITP? [was RE: KDE 3.0x for Cygwin?]
From:       "Ralf Habacker" <Ralf.Habacker () freenet ! de>
Date:       2002-07-29 14:38:40

> --- Ralf Habacker <Ralf.Habacker@freenet.de> wrote:
> > Hi all,
> >
> > have anyone tried to compile qt2 with a recent cygwin binutils
> > release. What are
> > the experience ?
> >
> Ralf,
>
> I don't know about you, but I get a segfault (signal 11) when trying
> to create the qt import library.  If this is the case for you, then
> we should report it.  I though it was something I did wrong, but if
> you can confirm this, then it is indeed a problem with ld.

I have recognized this too some weeks ago, when I tried the official binutils
release. It seems to me, that a bug fix, which I have submitted in the last year
is lost in the recent build.

A workaround is to use the recent binutils packages from kde-cygwin.

For fixing I have to inspect the recent ld source. I will look, when I find some
time for this.

Ralf