List:       kde-cygwin
Subject:    RE: koffice compile errors
From:       "Ralf Habacker" <Ralf.Habacker () freenet ! de>
Date:       2002-07-29 8:23:22

SAG Energieversorgungslösungen GmbH
Center für GeoInformationsTechnologie, CeGIT
Regionalbüro Wallenhorst
Hansastr. 76
49134 Wallenhorst
Tel: +49 5407 504 66
Fax: +49 5407 504 99
Mobil: 0173/9241471
EMail: Ralf.Habacker@sag-el.com

The problem ist caused by the windows dll format, which does not allow reference
to an variable plus with offsets != 0. Add the following code fragment once in
the application you are compiling and reference use QChar_null instead directly
using QChar::null.

http://cvs.sourceforge.net/cgi-bin/viewcvs.cgi/kde-cygwin/kde/kdelibs/kdecore/kc
harsets.cpp?rev=1.2&content-type=text/vnd.viewcvs-markup

#ifdef __CYGWIN__
static const QChar &QChar_null = QChar::null;
#else
#define QChar_null QChar::null
#endif

<snip>

 if ( mmIn == 0 )
   mmIn = &QChar_null;

> Surley other programs that use QT have seen the same problem, ideas?

Yes, see above

Regards
Ralf