List:       kde-core-devel
Subject:    Re: Qt versus threading
From:       Alex Zepeda <jazepeda () pacbell ! net>
Date:       2001-09-08 7:18:19

On Fri, Sep 07, 2001 at 07:39:32PM +0200, Michael Brade wrote:

> Well, but regarding how long KDE 3.x will exist (much longer than 14 months)
> it makes no sense to drop multithreading in favor of FreeBSD. So I'd say drop
> FreeBSD support until they release -current and then add it back to KDE 3.x's
> list of supported systems.

Well, what *is* supported right now?  Has anything other than Linux/x86
been tested recently?  I imagine you'll loose any a.out platforms
(NetBSD/m68k comes to mind).  Yes, (some) people do use KDE on such
machines.

No matter what, this doesn't change KDE 2.x either.. so for whatever
amount of time, this will be available on FreeBSD.

- alex