List:       kde-core-devel
Subject:    Re: Fwd: Re: KDE 2.2.1: Ready to roll?
From:       Martin Konold <konold () tat ! physik ! uni-tuebingen ! de>
Date:       2001-09-04 8:10:25

On Mon, 3 Sep 2001, Waldo Bastian wrote:

Together with Egbert Eich (XFree86) we investigated the problems of these
stranges hangs.

It looks like the following:

Some HW (like SpeedStep on Thinkpads or SMP) lets the clock of Linux go
slightly backwards. This also explains why it helped some people to
disable kapm.

Negative time differences totally confuses qt/X11 when X11 uses
gettimeofday.

Egbert implemented an ugly hack in X11 which ensures that the clock never
goes backwards.

After this workaround we could not trigger the problem anymore.

Yours,
--martin

> Can anyone confirm that this one has been fixed?
>
> Cheers,
> Waldo

> Subject: Re: KDE 2.2.1: Ready to roll?
> Date: Mon, 03 Sep 2001 03:18:06 -0400
> From: Andreas Pour <pour@mieterra.com>
> To: Waldo Bastian <bastian@kde.org>
>
> Hiya,
>
> Do you know if the Control-Tab problem has been fixed?  I think that is
> the most serious one, it causes me to have to do a hard reboot every few
> hours of use :-(.
>
> --
> KDE 2.2: We deliver.

-- martin

// Martin Konold, Stauffenbergerstr. 107, 72074 Tuebingen, Germany  //
// Email: konold@kde.org                                            //
// KDE 2.2: It is real!                                             //