List:       kde-core-devel
Subject:    Fwd: acinclude.m4.in: Test whether Qt compiles AND LINKS without flags.
From:       Waldo Bastian <bastian () kde ! org>
Date:       2001-09-03 19:06:13

Date: Mon, 3 Sep 2001 14:39:20 -0300
From: Gonzalo Travieso <gonzalo@if.sc.usp.br>
To: bastian@kde.org

Hello,

the ChangeLog from the KDE admin contains the line on the subject of
this mail, so I presume you are the one I should talk to.

I have a problem with this code (lines 1190 to 1192 of the current CVS).
I installed a pre-release of Qt 3.0 (to compile the new KDE) in an
 alternative directory. I've set then QTDIR accordingly and configure was
 able to find Qt, but then the library directory was not present on the
 generated Makefiles. Searching for the reason I've found this piece of code,
 that blanks
qt_libraries if it can compile and link a Qt program without it. The problem
is that it will link with the OLD Qt version...
It is relatively easy to fix this by just using --with-qt-libraries, but then
this must be done allways when we do a configure for each package...
Somewhat boring.

Perhaps the test should be skipped not only when --with-qt-libraries is
given but also when QTDIR is set.

Regards,

Gonzalo