List:       kde-core-devel
Subject:    Re: Moving Cervisia into main cvs
From:       Bernd Gehrmann <bernd () physik ! hu-berlin ! de>
Date:       2001-09-03 12:46:29

On Fri, 31 Aug 2001, Richard Moore wrote:

> As discussed here previously Cervisia will be moving into the main cvs
> repository (in kdesdk). I've been trying to contact Bernd to arrange a smooth
> move (including the revision history etc.) but I've been unable to obtain a
> reply. Since he has already agreed that the move should go ahead, I think the
> time has come to just import the latest sources. Unless I hear any
> complaints, I'll do this at some point this coming weekend.

I don't know which mail you are referring to; it may happen that I drop
relevant ones from time to time, and I'm sorry about that. But just last
week I responded to one from you with the comment that I don't see the
point in making applications depend on unstable libraries. Cervisia users
use KDE 2.2 at best, many of them still use 2.1 or no KDE at all. It makes
no sense to withhold improvements from them. I have nothing against you
porting it to KDE pre3.0 in the cvs, but then you have to take responsi-
bility for it. I will continue to make release updates for the KDE 2.x
version, _if_ my time allows it. I'll surely not switch to a development
version of kdelibs.

Bernd.