List:       kde-core-devel
Subject:    Re: KDE 2.2.1: Ready to roll?
From:       Martin Konold <konold () tat ! physik ! uni-tuebingen ! de>
Date:       2001-09-03 8:04:51

On Sun, 2 Sep 2001, Waldo Bastian wrote:

> *) Security: Access of "unexpected" protocols like "cdrom:" or "pop3:" should
> be restricted. Any plans to fix this?

Please tell me a szenario where this can really hurt or where it differs
from a simple file:// or telnet://

I have sofar not seen how it really poses a new thread to the users.

Yours,
-- martin

// Martin Konold, Stauffenbergerstr. 107, 72074 Tuebingen, Germany  //
// Email: konold@kde.org                                            //
// KDE 2.2: It is real!                                             //