List:       kde-core-devel
Subject:    Re: Problem compiling khtml with Qt3
From:       Dirk Mueller <mueller () kde ! org>
Date:       2001-09-01 23:21:49

On Fre, 31 Aug 2001, Marc Mutz wrote:

> The solution is to use a local variable, assign the value to it, and
> compare against _that_.

Wrong. the code is perfectly okay. what is not okay is that some people seem
to compile Qt3 with -stl support and now they get what they deserve ;-)

the commonly used libstdc++-v2 is not namespace clean. If you take a look at
its header files, it defines the following globally in stl_relops.h:

template <class _Tp>
inline bool operator!=(const _Tp& __x, const _Tp& __y) {
  return !(__x == __y);
}

Whoever wrote that crap should be shot immediately, still we have to
find a workaround :-(( This is a lot nastier than the crappy X11 header
files.

anyone an idea ? I'd be happy to hard-code the requirement of -no-stl as
long as people are still not using libstdc++ v3, but I guess it won't make
too many users happy.

Dirk