List:       kde-core-devel
Subject:    How to disable XFT in Qt3?
From:       Michael Goffioul <goffioul () imec ! be>
Date:       2001-09-01 14:39:40

I updated to Qt3, but I am experiencing a lot of font problems (beside a lot
of crashes :-)). It seems I can't disable XFT with Qt3.
I made a little test with kwrite:
 - compiled with Qt3
 - compiled with Qt2 (from my 2.2 installation) and XFT enabled
 - compiled with Qt2 (idem) and XFT disabled
The results are almost the same with KWrite/Qt3 and KWrite/Qt2/XFT: bad looking
helvetica font and much larger line spacing. This makes me think that XFT is
enabled when using Qt3. However I disabled XFT in $HOME/.qt/qtrc and in the
KControl module.

I'd like to disable XFT because my helvetica font is not nice, and globally
the line spacing (with any font) is too large.

Any idea?

Michael.

Michael Goffioul		IMEC-DESICS-MIRA
e-mail: goffioul@imec.be	(Mixed-Signal and RF Applications)
Tel:    +32/16/28-8510		Kapeldreef, 75
Fax:    +32/16/28-1515		3001 HEVERLEE, BELGIUM