List:       kde-core-devel
Subject:    CVS HEAD / Qt 3
From:       Dirk Mueller <mueller () kde ! org>
Date:       2001-08-31 7:49:30

Hi,

I just committed the configure changes to require Qt 3 for HEAD. I also
removed the QT_NO_COMAPT defines where I found them.

Things:

- compilation with QT_NO_COMPAT is currently not very high priority. the
main focus should be to make it compile with the current switches and
fix the major issues that prevent running it.

- no QT_VERSION backward compatibility is required in general. KHTML is a
bit of an exception which needs to work with kdenox (QT2/Emb) therefore we
have to keep the #ifdef's there for a while at least. Besides that, no
requirement of backward compatibility with Qt2 anymore, that means no
#ifdefs.

- please do not remove the QT_VERSION backward #ifdefed parts too early.
looking at them makes sure that porting is correct and the code is ported
the same way everywhere. I'd recommend at existing ported parts to get
inspiration on what to do.

- please add the attic-classes from Qt3 where necessary to achieve
compilability, unless you have hacked up already replacements. its just a
near future solution, I hope we can get rid of them very soon.

Happy porting.

Dirk