List:       kde-core-devel
Subject:    My Approaching Absence
From:       Charles Samuels <charles () kde ! org>
Date:       1999-11-30 9:13:23

My ISP, Sirius, as owned by First World (those two names just make it way too
easy to laugh at :) is terminating it's DSL service.

Therefor, I will be switching to my local phone monopoly Pacific Bell (also
known as Pathetic Bell, and Pacific Hell).  Since they are complete idiots,
and since a bunch of other idiots in my state's government think that it's a
good idea to let some silly monopoly run free like that (republicans are ok
with monopolies, as long as it doesn't compete with the oil companies they
own).  I recommend for everyone (well, at least americans) to not vote at
all, since the entire system is totally broken, and completely favors
republicans, and larger parties, in many ways.  Email me for details... Erhm,
back to the subject, since Pathetic Bell is full of idiots, it takes them a
week to connect us (although we already have an ethernet card, and the DSL
modem) to themselves. We're also not allowed to call them a week early.

When we moved here, the phone company that connected us sent 3 people who
couldn't figure out our phone lines, and recommended that we add new phone
lines, then when the DSL person came and noticed that the previous 3 aren't
very good with phone systems.

So, for the following week, I'll be offline.  if anyone wants to volunteer to
be my MX for that week, please say so.  The end of the 31st is my last day of
network (Pacific time).  Act quick, this offer will not last long :)

Any ideas of stuff I can do while I have no internet access?  Quickly email
it to /dev/null ;)

-Charles, who does understand that internet connectivity is worse in europe,
but still kind of finds it difficult to believe.

P.S. Any (negative) comments on my political point of view may be forwarded
to /dev/hda or /dev/sda