On Thu, 30 Aug 2001 16:44:49 +0200 (SAST), Dwayne Bailey wrote: >Someone raised this idea with me. Having the interface in one language >but allowing a user to view the original text (or another language >perhaps) as tooltip? > >Why would this be usefull? In our Xhosa translation it would be great if >a user could have a look at what was originally written in english if the >Xhosa is not clear enough. There has been a long standing wish for a standard menu entry that would allow switch the language for individual apps (without messing around with config files). I guess if we could get this implemented it may be a solution for your problem as well. It would also very helpful in several other situations (quoting from a msg to Hans Petter Bieker on this subject ;-): * Every time somebody tries to report a bug or looks for help in the mailinglists, newsgroups, IRC (s)he is supposed to give the English menu entries. (In international workgroups it could be the same with other languages.) * Sometimes just the translation of one program (or one menu) is unclear or plain bad and you would like to see another one or just know the original terms. * Or you are working on the machine of somebody else and don't want to change the system settings. * Sometimes you need to switch for documentation purposes or to make a few snapshots. * And sometimes you just want to show off at a CeBIT booth or in a international crowd how incredible flexible KDE really is. ;-) The functionality is already there via the config files (at least if one is prepared to restart the program). So why not make it accessible to everybody via a standard menu entry? Regards, Thomas --- KDE translation: http://i18n.kde.org/ Deutsche KDE-Uebersetzung: http://i18n.kde.org/teams/de/