Hi, On Wed, 29 Aug 2001, Waldo Bastian wrote: > While I was debugging the mysterious non-working localisation I noticed that > we use a QMap to store all entries (no surprise there) but since we write out > the entries in order, most of the time we read the entries back in order as > well, which means that effectively our QMap becomes a linked list and we get > O(N) behaviour instead of O(log N). Although I'm not exactly sure, what operation should be O(N): What makes you think, that filling a QMap in a sorted manner makes operations on that QMap be O(N) (compared to filling it randomly). Internally a Red-Black tree is used, which is balanced, which by definition can't degenerate into a linked list. Ciao, Michael.