List:       kde-core-devel
Subject:    Re: KColorDialog (everybody loves screenshots)
From:       Lenny <kudling () kde ! org>
Date:       2001-08-29 20:48:11

> It's common UI practice to label input fields. That is not something that
> should be sacrificied because you have problems with a layout.

I didn't removed this label because of lack of space. First this lineedit is
special, because it's never empty (like Thomas said "the # ist the label")
and gets constantly updated when the color changes. Everybody who knows html
will know what this string means, the others won't care - where would they
use these strings? Imho having a "html:" label right to a "#xxxxxx" entry is
like adding a "click this" beneath every button.

> Colors are often identified by their name, if you have a corporate logo
> with three shades of green, you may want to name those colors "tail green",

Indeed they are defined using names. But to be honest i have never ever seen
that they get defined anywhere using Xcms-colors rather than Pantone (tm) et
al which we cannot implement. Which programs besides xcolors can handle these
color names?

> That you have no use for it doesn't mean that it is an unwanted feature.

Right, and that you have a use for it doesn't mean that it's a wanted
feature.

Just forget about it.