List:       kde-core-devel
Subject:    Re: KColorDialog (everybody loves screenshots)
From:       Waldo Bastian <bastian () kde ! org>
Date:       2001-08-29 17:35:50

On Tuesday 28 August 2001 05:18 am, Lenny wrote:
> 3) I removed the color-name because it's really redundant. Since
> color->color-name mapping doesn't work (if you manipulate a color, the name
> of a matching named-color doesn't get recognized) and the color changes
> when you chose a different palette, the color-name only worked in
> conjunction with the named-color-palette => redundant information.

Redundant means that the information is available through other means
already. Ths is not the case, the color name is additional information and is
not available by any other means. Therefore it should stay,

> 5) I removed the "html:"-label, because users who don't know these
> hex-strings, won't know html either and get no real information. This makes
> it possible to group the color-patch and the hex-string closer to each
> other, and result in a more compact dialog.

It's common UI practice to label input fields. That is not something that
should be sacrificied because you have problems with a layout.

> 4) Use terminology HSB instead of HSV, which is more user-understandable. I
> hope Adobe don't have a patent on that.

Since you think that adobe might have a patent on it, can you run a query on
the uspto website to check that.

Cheers,
Waldo
--