List:       kde-core-devel
Subject:    Re: KColorDialog (everybody loves screenshots)
From:       Lenny <kudling () kde ! org>
Date:       2001-08-28 21:32:16

On Tuesday 28 August 2001 19:31, Thomas Zander wrote:
> On the tabs thing; it should be a different solve since I don't think you
> can add to many tabs like this, and maybe translations take more space etc.

Yes, i share this fear.

> So you have (replacing the tabs) a square button which shows a drop-down
> list when clicked, and right to that the full name of the color space you
> are using.

You mean in conjunction with a QWidgetStack containing the color-manipulation
widgets? Yes, this sounds more practical, will try that the next days.

> I just have one nag; its about the buttons left bottom (custom colors and
> color picker) I believe the whole look more 'closed' and more finished when
> you place the color picker to the left and swap positions of these buttons.

Hm i tried that, but the remaining large space looks strange, so it put the
picker to the right: http://www.kudling.de/kde/test2.png
It now looks more closed/compact, but the space is still a bit large. Hm,
maybe using your idea from above opens new layout-possibilities...

--
Your object is to save the world, while still leading a pleasant life.