List:       kde-core-devel
Subject:    Re: UTF8 editor?
From:       Thomas Diehl <thd () kde ! org>
Date:       2001-08-28 18:51:56

Am Dienstag, 28. August 2001 18:10 schrieb Bernhard Rosenkraenzer:
> We found a couple of problems with UTF8 characters (in particular,
> someone claims Konqueror 2.2's menus don't display Norwegian characters
> correctly) - while looking into the problem, I noticed I don't know how
> to edit a desktop file properly (getting UTF8 stuff to work without
> having to look it up in a table and writing ascii characters).
> What tools are the translators using to do this?

Translators get the stuff from the desktop files together in one big
desktop.po and work on this in KBabel (their PO file editor). Otherwise,
most of them would probably use Yudit since utf-8 from Kate has a
reputation of being faulty (don't know if deserved or not).

Apart from this, Kate's utf-8 setting is not exactly easy to find. A simple
Save as option would be great.

Regards,

Thomas

--