List:       kde-core-devel
Subject:    Re: KColorDialog (everybody loves screenshots)
From:       Thomas Zander <zander () planescape ! com>
Date:       2001-08-28 17:31:28

On Tue, Aug 28, 2001 at 02:18:00PM +0200, Lenny wrote:
> This screenie illustrates some first sketched thoughts i had regarding to
> KColorDialog. Of course the layout isn't perfect yet (some spaces are
> insufficent etc.):
> http://www.kudling.de/kde/test.png

I think it looks really good, much better then the old one!
On the tabs thing; it should be a different solve since I don't think you
can add to many tabs like this, and maybe translations take more space etc.
I want to suggest you think about a drop down menu; like the ones you get
in the open dialog when you click on the bookmark icon.
So you have (replacing the tabs) a square button which shows a drop-down list
when clicked, and right to that the full name of the color space you are using.

I just have one nag; its about the buttons left bottom (custom colors and
color picker) I believe the whole look more 'closed' and more finished when
you place the color picker to the left and swap positions of these buttons.

ps. It would be great if a small change in calling the dialog could open a
bigger version which simply features a larger area for the color-box. You
know the box on the right which contains all the colors ;)