List:       kde-core-devel
Subject:    Re: Desktop icons auto-placement back...
From:       Michael Goffioul <goffioul () imec ! be>
Date:       2001-08-28 10:23:56

> If this is when upgrading to KDE-2.2. for the first time, it's a known bug and it's fixed
> (the "new release" code was copying over an almost empty .directory file).
> Otherwise, it's indeed a remaining bug. How is it triggered ? (what event makes it happen?).
> Are the coordinates in the .directory file sensible ?

It's CVS code (from last night). And as I said, I emove any coordinate from the
.directory, but it didn't change anything:
 - logout
 - edit .directory in a console and remove any coordinate info
 - login
=> problem still occurs.

> Ouch. I can't see how this happens (icons are moved upon listing or renaming,
> but when the user moves them the program doesn't interfer.....).
> Hmm, unless some sort of "auto-arrange" gets triggered, but... well there's no
> such feature yet (and the QIconView one is disabled).
>
> I need either a way to reproduce this, or debug output....

Here's the debug output from .xsession-errors when trying to move an icon.
Tell me what to do to produce more useful debug output if needed.

libkonq: itemURL=file:/home/goffioul/Desktop/Software%20manager.desktop
kio (KDirWatch): KDirWatch emitting dirty /home/goffioul/Desktop
kio (KDirLister): KDirLister::updateDirectory( file:/home/goffioul/Desktop/ )
kio (KDirLister): update started in file:/home/goffioul/Desktop/
kio_file: ========= LIST file:/home/goffioul/Desktop/ =========
kio (kioslave): listEntries 1
kio (kioslave): listEntries 38
kio_file: ============= COMPLETED LIST ============
libkonq: KonqIconViewWidget::setIcons( 0 , )

Bye.
Michael.

Michael Goffioul		IMEC-DESICS-MIRA
e-mail: goffioul@imec.be	(Mixed-Signal and RF Applications)
Tel:    +32/16/28-8510		Kapeldreef, 75
Fax:    +32/16/28-1515		3001 HEVERLEE, BELGIUM