List:       kde-core-devel
Subject:    Re: Sidebars? (Re: Electric Borders are back!)
From:       Ralf Nolden <nolden () kde ! org>
Date:       2001-08-28 9:31:17

On Dienstag, 28. August 2001 11:10, jowenn@bigfoot.com wrote:
> I was working on getting the konqy actions back,
> then the new QT-COPY arrived. I'm goingo to fix
> it asap, after the final switch.
>
> I was asked before about removing the old
> sidebar before, before the 2.2 release. Than I
> thought it would be best to keep both for
> convenients in the 2.2.x releases, and drop it
> in KDE3. If no one objects I'll remove it, after
> I have fixed the problems you mentioned, and
> some other smaller things.
Great! Thanks!

BTW is there an imaging preview plugin for TNG ? And could the player plugin
in kdenonbeta be finished to go to kdeaddons ? :))  I think that especially
the media stuff needs to be rewarded because here it currently opens a player
on the fileview you're working at. I mean, for images that is halfway
understandable, but for music files it isn't. In that case, the sidebar tng
should automatically switch to multiple if it is in single mode and open the
player. After finishing, the view should have an option to close itself
automatically (while the user might want to drag'n drop music files on the
player as well later it wouldn't be that necessary to remove it automatically
though an option would be nice, maybe a checkbox quit player on end on the
player widget's bottom ?

Ralf

> Kind regards
> Joseph Wenninger

Ralf Nolden
nolden@kde.org

The K Desktop Environment	The KDevelop Project
http://www.kde.org		http://www.kdevelop.org