List:       kde-core-devel
Subject:    Re: Sidebars? (Re: Electric Borders are back!)
From:       jowenn () bigfoot ! com
Date:       2001-08-28 9:10:11

Hi

> Speaking of sidebars...I have one suggestion
that I urge to pick up for KDE3.
> That is to make the current two konqueror
sidebars one, because it basically
> confuses people more than it helps to have
two. What basically should be done
> to make it that usable for both variants. As
the TNG sidebar covers the
> functionality of the normal one, I would be in
favour of even dropping the
> normal one in favour of the TNG one. (given
that the TNG now can handle the
> rmb commands *g*

I was working on getting the konqy actions back,
then the new QT-COPY arrived. I'm goingo to fix
it asap, after the final switch.

I was asked before about removing the old
sidebar before, before the 2.2 release. Than I
thought it would be best to keep both for
convenients in the 2.2.x releases, and drop it
in KDE3. If no one objects I'll remove it, after
I have fixed the problems you mentioned, and
some other smaller things.

Kind regards
Joseph Wenninger