List:       kde-core-devel
Subject:    kicker patch for qt3
From:       Simon Hausmann <hausmann () kde ! org>
Date:       2001-08-27 20:12:08

Hi,

I have kicker successfully running under qt3. There was nothing special
with the port, except for one buglet (and that one being the reason for
this mail) : kicker defines a global Position enum in the global
namespace which in qt3 conflicts with Qt::Dock (the latter contains
Top, Bottom, Left and Right which the former defines as well) .
The conflict happens for all classes in the Qt namespace, quite some
in kicker ;-) . I tried several approaches, including typedef'ing
Position to Qt::Dock for qt3 (that failed because there are direct casts
to int and then to KPanelExtension::Position and others) as well
as prefixing with :: , but that didn't really work. So I moved it
into the PGlobal class (along with Size and Direction, for consistency)
and prefixed all the code using it appropriately.

This resulted in a rather large patch with lots of different code
touched. (the other qt3 portions are mostly QStyle related and
quite centralized) .

And that's the reason for this mail. I don't feel like comitting
this right away because I don't want to break anything. That's why
I'd like to ask for volunteers to just apply this patch and hopefully
see no change at all (read: their kicker working still as usual ;)
(especially under qt2)

Simon

["kicker_patch.txt.gz" (application/octet-stream)]