List:       kde-core-devel
Subject:    Re: EEK- kmix master volume control popup gone!
From:       Ralf Nolden <nolden () kde ! org>
Date:       2001-08-26 12:52:45

On Sonntag, 26. August 2001 14:49, Lubos Lunak wrote:
> Dne ne 26. srpen 2001 13:34 Ralf Nolden napsal(a):
> > As the subject says...the one-click master volume control from Preston
> > that 2.2. contains is away in HEAD. I don't have the time to look that up
> > on kde-cvs nor the time to fix that again before I know what that is good
> > for ?
> >
> > The master volume control popup on the kmix applet is one of the most
> > important things for its usability and I suggest to enable that again
> > ASAP before it gets forgotten. If the one who disabled/removed that
> > didn't like it for whatever reason then please fix it instead of removing
> > it for no obvious reason as it worked. The only thing I would like to
> > have it working would be that the master volume control has a "sound off"
> > checkbox to disable the sound on the master volume control.
> >
> > Ralf
>
>  Eek ... did you try also the middle mouse button ? Even the cvs comment
> for the change says why it was changed.
As said, I didn't look. Now comes the "BUT" part :) The middle mousebutton is
mostly emulated if used at all by windows users - which mostly only have two
mouse buttons at all. This function with the master control should be
*easily* accessible, the complete stuff can be retrieved over the menu. But I
propose a better handling: use single-click for the master control and
doubleclick for the full mixer controls. I think that satisfies the user's
needs and windows does it the same way, or ?

Ralf

>  Lubos Lunak

Ralf Nolden
nolden@kde.org

The K Desktop Environment	The KDevelop Project
http://www.kde.org		http://www.kdevelop.org