List:       kde-core-devel
Subject:    Re: KConfig Useability Study
From:       Ralf Nolden <nolden () kde ! org>
Date:       2001-08-26 6:36:49

On Samstag, 25. August 2001 21:56, Waldo Bastian wrote:
> On Friday 24 August 2001 01:06 pm, Matt Clark wrote:
> > Hi,
> > I am working on the usability study and Aaron Seigo indicated that the
> > KConfig would be a good place to get some user input on, seeing as it is
> > going to get some atteniton for 3.0.
>
> I think you mean KControl. KConfig is an internal KDE class.
>
> Cheers,
> Waldo

Regarding KControl, I would split that up into the various modules as those
need to be changed in any case. What you should also regard is only taking
KDE 2.2 into account as we changed *a lot* for that release specifically
there due to usability already. Some things are already known to be changed
such as the mouse modules's second tab which I couldn't finish due to time
and artist lack.

Specifically on that second tab, for the double click intervall measurement I
want to do that by the user clicking on a field and measure the interval,
then display it by a slider. For that, I want to have two pictures, a) a
birthday cake and b) a konqui jumping out of that cake. It kinda simulates
the "jack in the box" thing but a lot nicer with that idea in that it lets
the user click first instead of setting the interval and then looking how it
works on a picture test field. (besides that those pictures would look a lot
nicer)

Ralf

Ralf Nolden
nolden@kde.org

The K Desktop Environment	The KDevelop Project
http://www.kde.org		http://www.kdevelop.org