On Wednesday 22 August 2001 17:13, Martijn Klingens wrote: > > - Request Attention > > Definitely! KMail's icon should flash in the task bar > when there's new mail, any other solution I tried in > the current version is rather bad usability-wise, IMO. I agree the new mail notification methods provided by KMail don't suit everyone. Especially they are of limited usefulness for people who receive a lot of mail. I'm not sure that flashing the KMail icon in the task bar is the best solution. If "Show all windows" is turned off in taskbar configuration then depending on which virtual desktop is selected the kmail icon may not be visible in the taskbar when new mail arrives. Also I prefer to minimize the amount of flashing that occurs on my desktop. Did you consider showing an icon in the sysTray (like ksirc, klipper and korganizer do) when new mail arrives instead? When the KMail mainwindow is selected the KMail sysTray icon should be hidden. To be useful for people who receive a lot of mail, there should be a filter action for showing the icon in the sysTray, so showing the icon can be restricted. (eg to only showing the sysTray icon when important mail arrives in a a particular folder). Personally I've turned off interval mail checking as I find it reduces productivity, but if I still had it on this is they best new mail notification scheme I can think of. For consistency, a new new mail notification configuration option "Show icon in systray" should be created, and filter actions for all the current new mail notification types (beep, message box, execute command is already there) should be created. Don.