On Thursday 23 August 2001 13:18, Michael Goffioul wrote: > > > - lib size: you slightly reduce the size of kdeui (which is shared by > > > all KDE apps, but not all of them are applets, ...) > > > > Come on, these classes are small. > > I know, it's just for the principle. Why increase the size of kdeui when > it's not really needed? You could put kicker's extension in a separate lib > without significant problems. The only thing to change is the library > against which an applet is linked, that's not a big deal. KDE-3.0 will be > BIC, so > recompilation will be needed anyway. 99,9 % of all KDE users run kicker so libkicker will be in memory anyway. So libkicker or libkdeui does not really matter. > > > - I didn't know we had to keep source compatibility for KDE-3. But I > > > don't want to start a thread on it. If it's so, then it's OK for me. > > > > We don't _have_ to keep source compatibility but we should try to keep it > > when it's possible. > > I'll put everything in kdeui, and commit the whole stuff tomorrow morning, > if there's no objection. Ok Greetings, Matthias