On Thursday 23 August 2001 12:07, Michael Goffioul wrote: > So, last suggestion: don't mess with libkicker and add PanelMenu (renamed > as KPanelMenu; the class from base_mnu.h) to kdeui. Maybe it's better like > that. Is this OK? > > Now IMHO, libkicker is a better way because of: > - consistency: AFAIK it doesn't make sense to develop kicker extensions > without having kicker at least installed (OTOH, if kicker's technology is > shared by other panels, then it can make sense) Agreed > - lib size: you slightly reduce the size of kdeui (which is shared by all > KDE apps, but not all of them are applets, ...) Come on, these classes are small. > - I didn't know we had to keep source compatibility for KDE-3. But I don't > want to start a thread on it. If it's so, then it's OK for me. We don't _have_ to keep source compatibility but we should try to keep it when it's possible. Matthias