On Wed 15 Aug 01 09:50, Stephan Kulow wrote: > On Wednesday, 15. August 2001 00:21, Waldo Bastian wrote: > > On Tuesday 14 August 2001 03:00 pm, Kurt Granroth wrote: > > > On Monday 13 August 2001 12:45 pm, aleXXX wrote: > > > > IMO only kio_file should stay in kdelibs (maybe gzip and bzip2, I > > > > don't know). All network related ioslaves should be moved into > > > > kdenetwork (ftp, http, smb, smbro, finger, gopher, pop3, smtp, nfs, > > > > imap, ldap). > > > > > > I am VERY strongly against moving ftp and http from kdelibs. Both are > > > "essential" protocols that should be part of the core KDE > > > functionality. Application developers need to know that all they need > > > is kdelibs in order to get full 'net transparency. > > > > I agree with Kurt. > > Me too. The current situation with slave locations was the result of a > lengthy discussion and I don't want to do that again. > > Greetings, Stephan And how about moving the network related ioslaves in kdebase to kdenetwork ? Alex