List:       kde-core-devel
Subject:    Re: visual feedback
From:       Neil Stevens <neil () qualityassistant ! com>
Date:       2001-08-02 19:13:12

On Thursday August 02, 2001 08:45, Frank Dekervel wrote:
> Hello,
>
> we now have several IM/chat clients for kde, and i was wondering if
> there is a way to give a user feedback something happent in a (minimized
> or not-in-foreground) chatwindow. Windows handles this by making the
> taskbar entry of that window 'blink'. Is there something similar (or
> with similar functionality) in kde ?

We have KNotify.

Kit installs several KNotify messages, which allow the user to turn on
sound effects or similar, to notify when the user receives a message, or
someone is available/unavailable.

--
Neil Stevens
neil@qualityassistant.com

Don't think of a bug as a problem.  Think of it as a call to action.