List:       kde-core-devel
Subject:    Re: Outstanding critical issue for KDE 2.2
From:       Moritz Moeller-Herrmann <mmh () gmx ! net>
Date:       2001-08-02 7:33:15

On Wed, Aug 01, 2001 at 12:57:38PM -0700, Waldo Bastian wrote:
> On Wednesday 01 August 2001 12:53 pm, Roberto Teixeira wrote:
> > >
> > > Why would one need a new string for the config-dialog here?
> >
> > An option like "Do not use AutoCompletion on encrypted sites"?
>
> Sorry, security is not optional.

That is not an argument, that is a statement. I very much like not
having to type in my account number when I am banking, my hidden
password is still safe, my hard disk is not accissible by anyone else.

I would hate losing the comfort, please make it an option. Default to
off and have people edit the configuration file to switch it on. Fix
it in KDE-2.2++

--
Moritz Moeller-Herrmann mmh@gmx.net ICQ# 3585990
wiss. Mitarbeiter, IMGB