List:       kde-core-devel
Subject:    Re: Outstanding critical issue for KDE 2.2
From:       George Staikos <staikos () kde ! org>
Date:       2001-08-02 1:11:38

On Wednesday 01 August 2001 17:42, Rob Kaper wrote:
> On Wed, Aug 01, 2001 at 02:32:23PM -0700, Neil Stevens wrote:
> > So disable something potentially useful, for the 5% or whatever of people
> > using KDE in multiuser environments?  This isn't a "security" problem for
> > a single-user desktop.
> >
> > OK, I made up that number.  But the relative number of multiuser vs
> > singleuser KDE installs should determine what case we optimize for.
>
> Even on multi-user systems, if the file is mode 600 it should not be a
> problem anyway.

  On the internet, it should not be a problem transmitting it unencrypted
because only responsible "root" users should have direct access to these
channels, right?   Writing it to disk unencrypted is plain not good enough.
If it's going to disk, it must be encrypted with a user's password which is
not written to disk.

--

George Staikos