List:       kde-core-devel
Subject:    Away for two weeks - koffice-1.1 release
From:       David Faure <david () mandrakesoft ! com>
Date:       2001-07-31 22:34:54

I'm going on holidays for two weeks.

During that time, I'm counting on Laurent, Thomas and Sven for the kword bugfixing (1),
on Stephan and Jost for the mailing-list moderation, on Stephan for creating
cvs accounts, and on you all for not too much private mail ;-)

Another matter is the upcoming koffice release.
The plan is to tag on 06/08, and release on 13/08 (see developer.kde.org)
I need an interim release dude for that task :)
Waldo has agreed to take care of the tagging and packaging (just sent him my scripts).
However he'd rather not have to make any decisions (the usual "is it ok to commit this or that",
for instance). I suggest that Werner be in charge of that part of the job (hope that's ok,
Werner :}.

About the schedule: it might be a good idea to release KOffice-1.1 _after_ KDE-2.2,
so that we can require KDE-2.2 to be installed (to get the docs working, and all the
nasty little bugs in kdelibs-2.1.x fixed). So if KDE-2.2 is delayed, I suggest to delay
KOffice-1.1 as well.

(1) : About KWord: I received description of a showstopper bug today (font size problems).
I _will_ fix that one (probably in the train ;).

Good luck with the releases !