On Tuesday 31 July 2001 19:27, Rik Hemsley wrote: > #if Cornelius Schumacher > > > On Tuesday 31 July 2001 03:31, Rik Hemsley wrote: > > > I changed the text in the 'tips' file a great deal. I had to do > > > this because beforehand tip parsing was ad hoc. I changed it to > > > use QDom. > > > > > > This gives two benefits: > > > * More functionality in tips > > > * Tips can be validated. > > > > This sounds good. One question: Have you considered changing ktip > > to use the KTip* classes from kdeui? Then all apps using tips could > > benefit from the improvements. > > You mean change the KTip* classes in kdeui to use the improvements ? Yes, and then change ktip to use the classes. > I can't do that because of BC, but I don't see why it couldn't be > done for KDE 3. There might be a way to do this in a BC way, but KDE 3 sounds right anyway. -- Cornelius Schumacher