List:       kde-core-devel
Subject:    Re: Japanese support
From:       Dirk Mueller <mueller () kde ! org>
Date:       2001-07-30 8:39:23

On Mon, 30 Jul 2001, Bernhard Rosenkraenzer wrote:

> Our Japanese people say we need to apply the patches from
> http://www.kde.gr.jp/patch/ for KDE to work properly in Japanese. Can
> someone who actually understands i18n stuff take a look at them? If
> they're really needed, they should probably go into 2.2...

The khtml patch looks correct at the first sight, but it might detect other
non-latin1 encodings as one of those japanese encodings, so it needs some
serious testing first.

I'd be okay with going this one in if we check for a matching locale setting
first before doing the auto-detection. However, if it fails or crashes in
that new code we probably never get a bugreport about it :-/

Dirk