List:       kde-core-devel
Subject:    Re: Standard CD creation library.
From:       Rolf Magnus <ramagnus () zvw ! de>
Date:       2001-07-29 12:17:46

On Sunday, 29. July 2001 08:57, Michael Bedy wrote:

> So, my proposal is to implement the horrible hack once, give it a clean
> interface, and let the UI portions of CD burning programs be implemented
> separately. This also would allow, as a special bonus, the implementation
> of other "drivers" to the same interface. For example, IDE burners on
> FreeBSD cannot use cdrecord, and must use burncd instead. Or someone might
> someday create an actual library for controling CD burners without going
> through a seperate program.

I know there is someone who wanted to split cdrecord up into a library and an
executable that uses it. I don't know if this was or will be done, but you
could contact the maintainer to ask. This could make things much easier for
cd burning apps.

--
Tell a man that there are 400 billion stars and he'll believe you.
Tell him a bench has wet paint and he has to touch it.