List:       kde-core-devel
Subject:    Re: ksysctrl disabled in kdeadmin
From:       Waldo Bastian <bastian () kde ! org>
Date:       2001-07-26 21:05:11

On Thursday 26 July 2001 12:45 pm, David Faure wrote:
> On Thursday 26 July 2001 20:52, Waldo Bastian wrote:
> > Hello,
> >
> > I have disabled the compilation of ksysctrl in kdeadmin because the
> > program isn't functional. It claims to be a "system control tool" and is
> > installed under "Settings System" but none of the options to actually
> > control anything seem to work. This confuses users.
>
> Doesn't that simply mean that it should be a standalone program, or a part
> of the Information stuff ?
>
> A mis-placement in the menu / UI doesn't look like a valid reason to
> completely remove it, to me. OTOH I know, it's not really maintained (saw
> some patches coming in though).

The program aims to be "a control tool" but it doesn't provide the
functionality that is supposed to go with that. I'm sure it can be turned
into a usefull information tool, but that isn't going to happen without a
maintainer and it isn't going to happen before 2.2.

Cheers,
Waldo
--
Andrei Sakharov, Exiled 1980-1986, USSR, http://www.aip.org/history/sakharov/