List:       kde-core-devel
Subject:    once again app startup speed  - good news :-)
From:       aleXXX <alexander.neundorf () gmx ! net>
Date:       2001-07-25 22:54:34

Hi,

maybe you read it on the "dot", as I said I'd have a look at the slow icon
needed for KoMainWindow::setRootDocument() for the application formerly known
as killustrator from 2.3 to 1.5 seconds on my system :-)
What I did was to add a QDataStream cache file which caches the paths where
the icons were found. So when an app is started the second time, most icon
locations should be found in the cache. Reading the cache is very fast (far
less than 0.1 seconds). It still needs much work, preferable from somebody
with better knowledge about icons, but it seems it's worth it :-)

Bye
Alex

P.S. please CC to alexander.neundorf@gmx.net, I currently have some problems
with my other mail account.