List:       kde-core-devel
Subject:    Re: QextMDI --> kdelibs ? [was: Re: ANNOUNCE: QextMDI-2.0.0 Beta1 out
From:       "F () lk Brettschneider" <gigafalk () yahoo ! com>
Date:       2001-07-25 21:14:19

Hi,

David Faure wrote:

> On Wed, Jul 25, 2001 at 11:08:26AM +0200, F@lk Brettschneider wrote:
> > Hi,
> >
> > QextMDI in KDE-2 mode (using KParts::DockMainWindow) is used at least by
> > KDevelop-2.0 and KBear.
> >
> > For sharing the code I suggest to move kdevelop/kdevelop/widgets/qextmdi
> > to kdelibs/kextmdi after the KDE-2.2 release.
> > Any opinions?
> >
> > Please, don't comment as "We don't need MDI" because QextMDI just
> > provides several visualization modes for multi-document application
> > architectures like e.g. also TabPage mode and Toplevel mode.
>
> This sounds good to me.
> Do you think Konqueror could be ported to this architecture,
> to provide the so-much-asked-for tabbed mode that e.g. opera has ?
I saw:
http://www.opera.com/graphics/windows/windows.png
This interface is the Childframe MDI mode of Q/KextMDI. The tool-views
on the left-hand side are possible by using KDockWidgets which are
integrated in Q/KextMDI.
I tried to dock the QextMDI example app in an according way (using the
KDE1 decoration style):
http://www.geocities.com/gigafalk/opera-like.gif

I don't know the tabbed mode of opera but does it looks like this?:
http://www.geocities.com/gigafalk/tabpagemode.gif
and what about the toplevel mode?:
http://www.geocities.com/gigafalk/toplevelmode.gif

ciao,