On Wednesday 25 July 2001 15:29, Moritz Moeller-Herrmann wrote: > On Wed, Jul 25, 2001 at 02:02:23PM +0200, Rob Kaper wrote: > > Hello, > > > > Please give some input on the following idea. For KConfig in 3.0 I would > > like to see the following changes: > > > > - allow "default" as readable value even for boolean entries etcetera, > > More compatible and just as good would be to save the entry, check if > it is identical to default, and if yes prepend a > # DEFAULT#: Please, no! Then I cannot forcedly set a setting to take effect _even_ if the admin changes it. A user really should be able to set his proxy to 1.2.3.4 _or_ use the default that happens-to-be-set-to-1.2.3.4-but-can-change-later! Again, I don't know how to design a proper GUI around that, but I think the technical side should be tackled first here. > > - add a description QString to each key and group > > Good idea and let ther be compiler warnings and debug output in > kconfig for entries without those. And a hint! The description is then the "what's this?" help and the hint is the tooltip. And making them mandatory sounds good to me, or indeed at the very least issue a fat warning... Martijn