List:       kde-core-devel
Subject:    Re: RFC: KConfig changes for 3.0
From:       520026136523-0001 () t-online ! de (Moritz Moeller-Herrmann)
Date:       2001-07-25 13:29:14

On Wed, Jul 25, 2001 at 02:02:23PM +0200, Rob Kaper wrote:
> Hello,
>
> Please give some input on the following idea. For KConfig in 3.0 I would
> like to see the following changes:
>
> - allow "default" as readable value even for boolean entries etcetera,

More compatible and just as good would be to save the entry, check if
it is identical to default, and if yes prepend a
# DEFAULT#:

Just comment it out, and let the user uncomment it. (That is the way
mutt and icewm use, quite nice)

> - add a "requirement" or good-practice recommendation that applications
>   always save all possible entries in the config file, even those that are
>   default
> - add a description QString to each key and group

Good idea and let ther be compiler warnings and debug output in
kconfig for entries without those.

--
Moritz Moeller-Herrmann mmh@gmx.net ICQ# 3585990
wiss. Mitarbeiter, IMGB