List:       kde-core-devel
Subject:    Re: RFC: KConfig changes for 3.0
From:       Neil Stevens <neil () qualityassistant ! com>
Date:       2001-07-25 12:36:23

On Wednesday July 25, 2001 05:10, Simon Hausmann wrote:
> On Wed, Jul 25, 2001 at 02:02:23PM +0200, Rob Kaper wrote:
> > My concerns regarding this come forth from the removal of "Fade out
> > applet handles" from kcmkicker. Since it has no GUI entry and is not
> > present in the default saved configuration file, there is no way to
> > know whether the option exists but to be familiar with the code.
>
> IMHO the right fix is not to enrich the kconfig file but to add a proper
> GUI.

There are those who argue that it is impossible to have a proper config
GUI that contains every possible configuration item.

A raw tree display, showing every configuration option, both
GUI-configurable and not, would be a compromise between having a monster
config GUI, and removing a lot of configuration options completely.

--
Neil Stevens
neil@qualityassistant.com

Don't think of a bug as a problem.  Think of it as a call to action.